The latest OxygenOS 10.0.1 OTA update has started rolling out for the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro devices. The widely awaited OxygenOS 10.0 update was halted over a number of bugs and issues. The update was announced over the official OnePlus forum. The OTA file is a heavy one – weighing at around 2GB. The new update brings the full Android 10 OS to the 7 and 7 Pro devices. The update will is being rolled out in phases with a larger rollout in the next few weeks after feedback starts coming in.
The new OxygenOS 10.0.1 update brings in the entire bells and whistles of the Android 10 with new gestures, theming, extra smart display features and incremental changes in camera performance.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- The brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favourite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
- Improved photo quality
The post on the community forum states, “This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.
For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.”